WHAT IS THE MAYORS FITNESS CHALLENGE?
The Mayors Fitness Challenge is a 10-week self-improvement competition to motivate you to lead a healthier lifestyle. Anyone who is 16 years old or older and lives or works in Orange City may participate in this challenge. 1st, 2nd and 3rd place male & female winners will be awarded based on the greatest percentage of body weight lost.
2020 Orange City Mayors Fitness Challenge
Cost: $25 per person (cash, checks made out to ‘City of Orange City’, credit*/debit* accepted at City Hall only *3.5% transaction fee added to cost.)
- Kickoff event: Monday, January 27th, 2019 City Council Chambers – 201 N Holly Ave, 5:00 pm through 6:30 pm. Pay with cash or check.
- If you cannot attend the kickoff event or need to register with a credit card, you may register in person (M-F, 8-5, prior to the kickoff event) at City Hall, 205 East Graves Ave. Please see Danielle FitzPatrick. Call 386-775-5410 with questions.
Who Can Participate? Anyone who is 16 years of age and older (individuals under the age of 18 must have signed consent from their parent or guardian) AND either lives or works in Orange City.
Kickoff Event: January 28, 2019, 5:00pm – 6:30 pm. *Please wear comfortable work-out clothes to the kick-off to ensure accurate weight during the weigh-in.
What is included in the $25 registration fee?
- Beginning and ending biometric screenings provided by AdventHealth Fish Memorial
- Mayors Fitness Challenge Shirt
- Water Bottle
- Lots of activities
- Healthy recipes, tips and more
Top 3 men & top 3 women will receive* (based on highest percentage of body weight lost)
- 1st place $400
- 2nd place $250
- 3rd place $100
*Participants are not eligible for a cash prize if they won a cash prize in the 2019 MFC.
Participation awards are given to those who attend the most events over the course of the ten week challenge.
Ending Biometric Screening: Monday April 6th, 2020, anytime 7:30 am to 4:30 pm at the Volusia Medical Center Building – Suite 151 – wellness & Rehab Care, 1053 Medical Center Drive, parking lot #5
In order to be eligible for any cash prize, contestants must complete the beginning and ending biometric screening.
Winners will be announced on Saturday, April 11 at Mill Lake Park at 9:00 am.
If you have any other questions, please contact Danielle FitzPatrick at 386-775-5410.